Dennis is a 2nd generation real-estate broker growing up in Denver, CO where from the age of 16 he helped his father in the ranch brokerage business. After graduating from the CU Boulder in 1982 with a BA in real estate and receiving his Colorado real estate brokerage license, Dennis moved to Winter Park, CO where he and his father started a real estate brokerage and land development company, Saffell & Associates. After purchasing one of the first Coldwell Banker franchises in 1984, they grew the brokerage business to over 500 broker associates serving Denver, Evergreen, Winter Park, Colorado and Nashville, Tennessee. They eventually sold all but the Winter Park office to NRT giving Dennis and his father time to focus on development and expansion opportunities. Since that time, Dennis has developed seven residential communities including more than 125 residential units and 200 home sites.
Dennis is a lifelong skier, avid fly fisherman, and accomplished trap-shooting competitor. His love for living in the Colorado mountains continues to drive his passion for the real estate business in the rocky mountain west.
Credentials & Memberships
- International President’s Elite: 2003, 2006, 2015 – top 2% of Coldwell Banker agents worldwide
- International President’s Circle: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2020 – top 8% of Coldwell Banker agents worldwide
- #1 Team in Colorado, Saffell & Huster: 2013
- #1 Coldwell Banker Team in Colorado: 2009
- Diamond Circle: 2009, 2010 – top 15% of Coldwell Banker agents worldwide
- Previews Certified
- Citizen of the Year – 1987
- Developer/Co-Developer: Bridger’s Cache; Lakota; Legacy Park Ranch; The Reserve at Elkhorn Ridge; Ranch Creek Ranch; Fraser River Highlands; Cottonwood Pass; Sundance Point, Mountain Homes at the Reserve; Mountain Homes at Lakota
- Winter Park/Fraser Valley Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Founder/Owner of Coldwell Banker Mountain Properties; New Frontier Construction Development, Inc; Fraser River Log and Timber
- Founder/President Winter Park Music, Inc.
Sign up for CBMP newsletters to receive the latest real estate news, including market reports, selling tips and tools, and trends.